Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Starting off the New Year...Sick

I must have a horrible immune system in Israel. I rarely get sick, and I've already had the stomach flu and now have the (swine) flu.

Sunday I woke up with a sore throat thinking it was just allergies (they're terrible right now) and felt just fine. Monday I had a really low fever and decided to tough it up and go to school. By the time I came home on Monday, I had no fever, but felt awful and went to sleep at 8:30! I woke up yesterday with a fever feeling just terrible. I went to the doctor who insisted that I had a flu virus and that it must be swine flu. I asked if he was going to give me tamiflu and he said, "your bat mitzvah is not this weekend, so no". I thought it was pretty entertaining/Israeli because then he proceeded to tell me that there was absolutely nothing to do except take advil and that sometimes it will help and sometimes it won't, but that I am pretty much going to feel awful for a few days. I am not on day three of feeling awful...I'm hoping to feel better before Yom Kippur.

Anyway, I thought that while I am bored in bed, I would blog a little about my experience at the doctor. I'm off to get some rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment