Friday, September 18, 2009

Shanah Tovah!

As the Jewish year 5769 comes to a close, I wanted to wish everyone a happy, healthy, and wonderful New Year 5770!

This evening I will be going to services at HUC with my classmates and other members of the community followed by dinner with about 15 of my classmates at one of their homes. Tomorrow, I am going to services at a synagogue in Jerusalem (I haven't decided where yet) and then having dinner at another classmate's home. I already love being in Jerusalem for the High Holy Days. As I went for a walk this afternoon, the streets were packed with people wishing each other a "Shanah Tova" (Good Year) and "Chag Samaech" (Happy Holiday).

While I am sad to not be at home this year for the High Holiday (it will be my first YK not at home), I am feeling a great sense of warmth, community, and right at home surrounded by my friends, classmates, and all the other Jews in Israel.

With that, I wish each and everyone on you a wonderful Holiday and "shana tovah u'metukah" a Happy and Sweet New Year!

Sending love from Jerusalem :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment