Saturday, May 15, 2010

All My Bags Are Packed, But I'm Not Ready To Go

Shabbat Shalom from Jerusalem for one last time. I'm really going to miss saying that...but, here it is, my very last Shabbat in Jerusalem after 10 1/2 months of amazing memories, and now I have to say goodbye.
Last night we had a beautiful Shabbat service at school followed by a class dinner with faculty at Beit Shmuel. The night concluded with singing in the courtyard, and then...more goodbyes.
We all went over to Rachel and Albert's last night to wait for the Sheirut to pick them up. They got on a flight this morning as did Andrew. Even though I will see Rachel and Albert next week, and Andrew in 2 1/2 months, the reality of our year in Israel together has come to an end. Lots of tears were shed last night.

Today I went to lunch with some friends and then Lara and Hannah came over to help me pack-they are amazing! I tried to start yesterday and emotionally could not do it, and if you know me well, I am just a terrible packer and needed the physical help too. I'm lying in my bed right now starring at my TWO suitcases completely packed and my ONE box that I am shipping to LA...Wow, this is weird.

Tonight the Year in Israel OFFICIALLY concludes with Havdallah back where we began our orientation in July. After tonight, people are leaving fairly quickly. I still have a few more days to shop, eat, and just enjoy Israel.

No comments:

Post a Comment