Sunday, April 25, 2010

62 post-HAPPY 62nd Birthday Israel!!!

So really, I was going to combine this post with the previous one, but when I signed onto my blog and realized that I had already written 60 posts, I figured that it was a pretty neat thing to write about Israel's 62nd birthday in my 62nd post. At 8pm on Monday evening, Yom HaZikaron came to a close and Yom Ha'Atzmaut, Israel's Independence Day, began. Sally Klein-Katz, my education professor, invited us over to her roof for a little celebration. Several HUC students attended and we had a great time and even got to see some fireworks. Afterwards, a few friends and I headed downtown to the center city. There were lots of street parties with bands playing music. Ally and I were tired, so at about midnight decided to head back home. On our walk back we stopped in the park to watch more fireworks that were right overhead-it was definitely one of those being in the right place at the right time moments.
Ed students with Sally!


On Tuesday, we decided to do what the Israelis do-BBQ! We headed to the park at 11am and stayed until 6 pm BBQ all day and just enjoying the day. Everyone was so friendly and happy. We needed some lighter fluid and so the people next to us, gave us theirs. It was just a wonderful and fun day!
I forgot to write about one other thing from last Sunday. I had the wonderful opportunity to skype with the 9th graders (and Rabbi Mason) and tell them about my experiences with the FSU Pesach Project, and the Israeli/Jewish Holidays this past week. They also asked some questions about my life in Israel. I was fortunate enough to be able to speak to them from Israel and in the moment which is not always possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment