Sunday, November 1, 2009

A quick update...that's all i have time for these days

After a week of craziness (for lack of a better word), Mindy and I indulged in massages at the Inbal Hotel. It was the most relaxing hour I have had since I have been in Israel!
Nancy, the director of student affairs at HUC, invited Mindy, Matt, and me over for Shabbat dinner. It’s always nice to be in a real home at the end of the week and made for a great beginning for a restful Shabbat (even though I spent all of Saturday studying and doing homework).
Today, I began my community service project with my classmate Lara, volunteering in the Gan (preschool). We split our time in two different classrooms with four and five year olds who all have much better Hebrew than the two of us. It was a lot of fun- I forget how nice it is to be around little kids who are drama free and all they want to do is hug you and talk to you (even if it’s in Hebrew and they know that you don’t fully understand them). Yes, it’s a challenge, but a great one. It’s the best Hebrew speaking experience I’ve had so far, and the kids love that we’re from America and want to learn words in English too. I’m already looking forward to next Sunday!
I have a busy week ahead of me with a Liturgy midterm and Hebrew test, so I better get back to my work for the evening.
Hope everyone had a Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

  1. don't forget that we want to try the penpal thing... which Gan and where??
    Like your kippah:)))
    sending xoxoox

    p.s Lisa Sheridan now works with us!!

    ReplyDelete