Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!

Thanksgiving was a little different for me this year. I didn't wake up to the smell of delicious cooking, have an entire week off of school, or lounge around the house all day. I was however, surrounded by great friends, new and old, and had a wonderful Thanksgiving in Jerusalem. My friend, Lara, and I organized and planned a Thanksgiving program with the preschoolers and with HUC students during our lunch break. We did a mini scavenger hunt which included and art project, a Thanksgiving story, football, and learning a song to teach the Israeli preschoolers about our American traditions. We concluded the activity with some pumpkin cake. The preschoolers had a blast (some were even crying when the activity was over), and the HUC students cannot wait for the Chanukah program. Below is a picture of me and Lara before the program began:




Click here to see some pictures:


http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/creativeapps/slideShow/Main.jsp?albumId=368175410506&ownerId=29345572406&token=813656410506%3A1990783144

Thanksgiving with the Gan">



We had Thanksgiving dinner at school with many classmates as well as a few faculty members. It definitely wasn't home, but the food was still quite tasty. After dinner several people went out for a little bit, which was really fun (especially since we don't get out often).

Tonight my friend Ethan is hosting a Thanksgiving Shabbat dinner. Ally, Allie, and I are making some sort of non-dairy sweet potato dish.

Last week was the HUC Israeli Ordination. I was fortunate enough to attend this momentous occasion. Even though I didn't know any of the students, it was still quite emotional. Here is a video from the ending of the newest Israeli Reform Rabbis dancing with some of their students:
">

Next weekend I am going to Benyamina for a Shabbaton with Parallel Lives (the program with HUC students and soldiers). It should be a lot of fun, and I'm very much looking forward to getting out of Jerusalem for a weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment