Saturday, January 23, 2010

Restful Shabbat

Shavua Tov!!!

It must be clear that I have some free time on my hands since I'm blogging much more frequent. Since I have a late start on Sunday, I decided to blog before bed. This past weekend was very relaxing. Friday I slept in late, went to the gym and then got my glasses fixed. After my errands, I came home to catch up on Thursday night television-Grey's, The Office, and Project Runway before getting ready for Shabbat services at Kol Hanishamah.
Services were really nice this week as many of the HUC students were there as well as HUC faculty. After services, my classmates Sarah and Jeremy, and I headed to our professor Jeremy Leigh's home for Shabbat dinner. Jeremy is from the UK and has an awesome British accent. It was adorable when we arrived at his home to hear his three daughter's British accents as well (even though they are Israeli). Dinner was so nice. It's always wonderful to be in a real home. Jeremy is also a fantastic cook and the company was just great. Jeremy and his wife are very funny and smart so it was a fantastic conversation and evening. Before we knew it we looked at our watches and it was 11:30!!!
Today was also very restful and relaxing. I slept in and Ally and I made crepes for breakfast. I also did a little bit of cleaning (and some laundry) which is always nice on Shabbat. Since I didn't have too much homework, it truly felt like Shabbat. My friend Andrew came over this afternoon to help me with guitar. I had a fantastic lesson and can play Mah Ya Fe Hayom, Ani V'atah, and am in the process of learning others.
Tonight I went to dinner with a few classmates and then hung out downtown for a bit. It's always nice to get out when Shabbat ends and truly feel the beginning of the new week. Totally cheesy I know, but unless you experience it in Jerusalem, you just can't get it (sorry!).

On that note, my laundry is dry! So now I need to go fold it so I can go get some rest before another week of school...wohoo!!!!

Lilah Tov!

No comments:

Post a Comment